Yes, I'm aware that this is way behind, as the holidays have been over for a while now (I'm still in denial...), but I got some really great gifts this year. Many of them I had never seen or heard of before, so I wanted to share a few of them and spread the word!
- Nars Orgasm Illuminator: this gives such a pretty glow, and helps add a bit of summer to a winter complexion.
- Matt & Nat purse: my best friend Simran got me this purse and it is one my absolute favourites. Matt & Nat is an amazing brand that uses vegan leather for their products. I love the gold and zipper detailing, the size, and how there is a shoulder strap and a longer braided strap- so perfect!
- Baggu No. 6 bag: the coolest tote bag ever. I already loved Baggu, but this collaboration with No. 6 has yielded some really beautiful and special bags.
- Diana Mini camera: I love playing around with disposable cameras, but now I can't wait to experiment with this amazing Diani Mini, which takes both square and half-frame format images.
- Coco Chanel: Three Weeks/1962 by Douglas Kirkland: my wonderful aunt is an extremely talented gift-giver- she always gets me things that perfectly fit my tastes, and this year was no different. This book is filled with gorgeous images and beautifully conveys Chanel's elegance and style, as captured by a young Kirkland. I had never heard of it before, and now it's a new favourite.
I always find it really amazing when people manage to buy gifts that are just spot on. It's hard to do, and it's so surprising to receive such personal and appropriate things, like all of the items above (and like the incredible initial ring my friend Taryn got me)! I am so thankful :)